Job Title: Receiving / Material Handler
Shift: Night shift 6:00 pm – 6:00 am Monday – Thursday and every other Friday
Pay Rate: $15-$16 / hour
Basic Function: Verifies and keeps records of incoming materials. Moves and performs transactions of products from bulk storage to production floor.
Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Unloads trucks and visually inspects for damage and piece count
- Signs for and inspects courier packages and routes them to the proper areas.
- Delivers raw materials to proper line when requisitioned by production.
- Returns raw materials to storage area, weighs and adjusts quantities using handheld scanner.
- Compares identifying information on purchase order against packing slip, bill of lading, or other records to verify information on incoming shipments. Receives PO’s into the computer system. Prints Bar Coded labels for Raw Materials and moves them to Bulk Storage area in the proper bin location.
- Empties trash and performs housekeeping functions for entire production floor.
- Collects and groups items for recycling.
- Aides in monthly count of raw material inventory.
- Aides in maintaining inventory accuracy of raw materials.
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success<span fr-original-style="font-family:Arial;color:#233140;" style="font-family: Arial; color: rgb(35, 49, 64); box-sizing: border-box;">); complies with policies and procedures, (including safety) ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
- Keeps the Bulk storage area organized and rotated (FIFO)
- Communicates with materials manager and materials technician on unusual movement of materials
- All aspects of inventory management must be kept confidential
- Must visually inspect shipments when received for damage and note it on the Bill of Lading
- Must accurately record values of product being moved back to bulk storage.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Experience: 1–3 years’ experience in warehouse and data entry. Experience in an ERP environment.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills; must successfully complete orientation and competency validation for position; must obtain a forklift license.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- Must become familiar with all raw materials and their use.
- Must also become familiar with the company software and be able to receive purchase orders accurately.
- Must have excellent communication skills dealing with suppliers and other employees.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and must be reasonably ambulatory.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- This job requires sufficient eyesight for significant reading and computer use.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
- This work also requires an individual with hearing sufficient for communication with coworkers, suppliers, vendors and for alarm awareness.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.